Thursday, June 21, 2012

let's begin

hello.  I decided to create this blog after my current obsession of pinterest started.  Not being very tech savvy I was amazed by how many great ideas I was finding from blogs I never knew were in existence.   I am a teacher, and will be starting my ninth year as an educator, with a class of 30 fifth graders without a collaborating teacher...which to say in the least scares me just a bit.  I have held a few different positions in my district from title I to gifted, before settling in fifth grade.  If you are a teacher you may be feeling the same lack of creativity, stress, and doubt from this high stake testing era we are in.  I know why I became a teacher, but I let the pressure get to me, BIG time.  After browsing a few site, I started to become inspired again.  Through that inspiration I decided to start a blog...this one in fact :) I'm not sure how many will visit, but I want to keep the inspiration alive in myself and become the teacher I am truly meant to be.  And for some reason I feel like a blog will help keep me inspired, creative, and disciplined.  The title is reflective of my Italian roots and translates to "moments of."  Because let's face it as teachers everyday is a moment of something good, bad and even sometimes ugly.  And that is what I want to capture with this blog, all of those moment and everything in-between.  

No comments:

Post a Comment