Friday, August 10, 2012

one of my tricks


So something I like to do to label containers is to use puffy paint.  It's very inexpensive, but totally fun, and totally easy to do.  For transparent containers just print out the size and font you want to use, my favorite has always been 'curlz'.  Tape it on the inside of the container (font facing out), and then trace with your puffy paint.  I usually hold the tip of the bottle a little above the side of the container for a good puffiness, tracing right on the side will make it flat.  For non-transparent surfaces I just try my best to not mess up :) There are a few examples below of some of the things I have labeled with puffy paint. Putting in on staplers, tape dispensers, ext.  makes it harder for those precious objects to "accidentally disappear."  Let it dry at least over night, and try not to get tempted to touch it or else you'll have a flat spot.


The outline for my Think Tank container.  Purchased a bunch of hand held games like rubix cubes and ball mazes at the dollar store, as well as, solitaire card games like trivia and visual logic problems.  It's meant for my early finishers to have something to do and hopefully keep them occupied and quite while at their seats.  I had a 'Beyond Board' where I put worksheets up from different learning intelligences, but found that worksheet appeal wears off very shortly.  I'll let you know how it works out.



17 days until school starts

No comments:

Post a Comment